Christmas dinners have been served to Londoners who are reliant on the city’s homelessness services.
Hairdressers and opticians were also made available at City Hall before guests were given a three-course meal.
Last year, 8,855 people were seen rough sleeping in London, an 18% increase since last year, and more than double the number in 2010.
“Events like this help bring a sense of community back in to London,” Claire, a former rough sleeper, told the BBC.
Claire, who spent 30 years either living on the streets or in prison, said: “It’s the type of event that does matter. It forms partnerships and builds bonds.
“If it wasn’t for the support of St Mungo’s, I’d either be dead or doing what I was before.”
Guests were chosen from the thousands of Londoners that currently receive assistance from services funded by City Hall and delivered by charities St Mungo’s and Thames Reach.
But Claire said services were still “hit and miss”.
“Where I live I’m still waiting for support with my mental health,” she added.
Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, said: “St Mungo’s and Thames Reach are struggling with finances.
“Since I became mayor we’ve more than doubled the amount of money we’ve spent on rough sleeping and the size of our outreach team.
“But we’re just scratching the surface. We’ve not got the money or the resources to do much more – as it is I’m criticised for going outside my remit and my power.
“It is both heartbreaking and shameful that in one of the richest cities in the world we still have the levels rough sleeping that we do.”
Last year 15,470 people were accepted as being homeless by London councils.
There were 55,000 families living in temporary accommodation, such as bed and breakfasts and hostels.
Hundreds more people are estimated to be sleeping on London’s night buses.
Petra Salva, Director of Rough Sleeper Services at St Mungo’s, said: “It’s wonderful that the Mayor has opened the doors of City Hall for this festive event.
“Christmas can be a time of mixed emotions for clients in our services and our staff work hard to support those who stay with us over the holiday period.”
Fulham have been charged with failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during their 2-1 Championship loss to Bristol City on Saturday.
The Cottagers felt Neeskens Kebano was fouled in the box in the 93rd minute, but referee Jeremy Simpson did not award a penalty.
It led to heated exchanges with Stefan Johansen and Tom Cairney being booked.
Fulham have until Friday (13 December) to respond to the charge.
Brentford are well stocked for the visit of struggling Stoke, as only Luka Racic and Mads Bech Sorensen are unavailable.
However, the Bees have only won one of the past six games, and only two in the whole season so far.
Stoke City are yet to record a league win and remain without talismanic captain Ryan Shawcross (broken leg).
Summer signing Nick Powell is continuing his recovery while midfielder Joe Allen is suspended.
However, boss Nathan Jones says he had an “almost fully-fit squad” to select from otherwise.
- Brentford are unbeaten in their last three home league matches against Stoke (W2 D1 L0) since a 1-0 defeat in January 2000.
- Stoke, who lost 1-3 against Brentford in January in Nathan Jones’ first league match in charge, have never lost consecutive league matches against the Bees.
- Brentford have the second worst conversion rate in the Championship this season (5.3%), while Stoke have conceded the highest percentage of their shots faced (23.3%).
- Stoke are winless in their last 23 league matches in London (W0 D9 L14) since a 2-1 win at Spurs in November 2014.
- The two players with the most touches in the opposition box in the Championship this season without scoring a goal are Brentford’s Sergi Canos (35) and Henrik Dalsgaard (30).
- Stoke last failed to win any of their opening eight league matches of a season in the 1989-90 campaign, when they were relegated from the second tier.